Quality of Care
Trust PIH Health to put you first and deliver safe, compassionate, high-quality healthcare. We serve all residents of Los Angeles and Orange Counties and the San Gabriel Valley.
We’re a nonprofit, regional healthcare network with two hospitals, numerous outpatient medical offices, a multispecialty medical (physician) group, home health care services and hospice care, as well as exceptional heart, cancer and emergency services.
PIH Health Quality of Care
Our ongoing efforts to meet and exceed national quality and patient safety standards translates to the best possible care for you. When we receive awards, accreditations and certifications for our care and quality initiatives, you benefit.
- 2015 NICHE (Nurses Improving Care for Healthsystem Elders) designation for excellence in elder care
- 2014 Pay for Performance (P4P) Most Improved Award by Integrated Healthcare Associates (IHA) for PIH Health Physicians *
- 2014 “Favorite Workplace” Award by the San Gabriel Valley News Group
- 2014 Most Wired Award Recipient (also 2013)
- 2014 Annual Path to Excellence Award (also 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010) from NRC Picker*
- 2014 California Association of Physician Groups (CAPG) Standards of Excellence – Elite Status* (also 2013, 2012)
- Top 100 Hospital 2014 (also 2013) by Truven Health Analytics
- PIH Health Honored with Stage 6 Recognition by HIMSS Analytics
- Outstanding Achievement Award (OAA) by the American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer (CoC)
- 2013 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® by The Joint Commission
- 2013 Get With The Guidelines® Stroke Gold Plus Quality Achievement Award (third consecutive year)
- 2013 P4P “Most Improved” Award by Integrated Healthcare Association
- 2012-2013 Best Hospitals in the Los Angeles metro area by U.S. News & World Report
- 2012 Franklin Award of Distinction by The Joint Commission and the American Case Management Association (ACMA)
- 2012 Advanced Certification and Accreditation as a Primary Stroke Center by The Joint Commission
- 2011 Accreditation for Breast MRI to the PIH Health Patricia L. Scheifly Breast Health Center
- 2011 Three-Year Accreditation with Commendation to the PIH Health Ruby L. Golleher Comprehensive Cancer (CoC) by the American College of Surgeons (ACoS)
- Accreditation by Det Norske Veritas ±
- Accreditation by The Joint Commission
- Top Designated Stroke Receiving Center in Los Angeles County
- Designated as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology
- Los Angeles County Designated “Disaster Resource Center”
- Los Angeles County Designated Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP)**
- Los Angeles County STEMI (ST Elevation Myocardial Infarctions) Receiving Center
Unless otherwise specified, all distinctions relate to PIH Health Hospital – Whittier
* PIH Health Physicians only
** PIH Health Hospital – Whittier and Downey
± PIH Health Hospital – Downey only
Compare PIH Health
At PIH Health, we focus on your safety and satisfaction. Check these independent sources to see how we compare with other hospitals in our region.
Learn more about patient safety at PIH Health.
Ask about PIH Health and how we can help you and your family.
PIH Health Corporate Offices
12401 Washington Blvd.
Whittier, CA 90602