PIH Health Family Medicine Residency Program
The PIH Health Family Medicine Residency Program is an unopposed program located in Whittier, California. Our mission is to provide our residents with a rich, broad-based, and multi-disciplinary graduate medical education that is built on a culturally responsive foundation. Our residents train in, and provide medical care to, underserved socio-economic populations and multi-cultural communities, establishing their roles as community health providers. By presenting them with these targeted and fundamental learning experiences throughout their training, our objective is to guide and inspire our residents to continue to provide the same type of outreach and medical services in similarly underserved multi-cultural communities upon graduation, when they begin their independent practice of medicine.
Our program offers an exemplary model of working in relationships between members of a collaborative health care team that includes a large number of hospital and ambulatory specialists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, behavioral scientists, and community partners. We also offer very generous salary and benefits.
Meet our 2016-2017 Faculty.
Meet our 2016-2017 Family Medicine Residents.
Special Clinical Learning Opportunities
As a resident, you’ll enjoy special clinical learning opportunities in a wide range of PIH Health family medicine services:
- Pediatric and adult inpatient hospital care
- Health and Wellness Center services
- Student health services at nearby Whittier College
- Los Nietos school district grant—Healthy Los Nietos—to address childhood obesity
- Sports medicine support for local high school teams
- Tropical Medicine program, including overseas rotations in sub-Saharan Africa
- Continuum Care program, encompassing Chronic Disease Management, Home Care, Geriatric Care and Palliative Care
- Clerkships for medical students
- Competitive stipend and benefits
- Access to our extensive on-site Anna Siegrist Medical Library at PIH Health Hospital – Whittier
- Beautiful Southern California location
How to Apply
We only accept applications through the ERAS® online service. We can’t accept anything by mail. If you’re invited into the program, you must also complete an in-person interview. Learn more about the PIH Health Family Medicine Residency program and how to apply. Get started on the next step in your rewarding medical career. Apply to the PIH Health Family Medicine Residency program today.