Frequently Asked Questions
My PIH Health patient portal is powered by FollowMyHealth. Below, you will find some frequently asked questions of FollowMyHealth users.
What is FollowMyHealth™ Universal Health Record?
You are among the hundreds of thousands of individuals who have chosen to take a more active role in your healthcare by using FollowMyHealth - an online, innovative tool that provides anywhere, anytime access to your personal health records, and enables you to take a proactive role in managing your care.
FollowMyHealth is used by hundreds of healthcare organizations and thousands of physicians across the country as the power behind their hospital or clinic's specific patient portal. While your portal may have a different name, the technology is the same.
With FollowMyHealth, you can:
- Request an appointment
- Request a prescription refill
- Review your medical records online in a safe, secure environment
- Communicate privately with physicians via secure messaging
- View test and lab results, read medical notes from your doctor
- Update your health information (allergies, medications, conditions, etc.)
Who can enroll?
- All patients over the age of 18 can register
- For patients age 11 and younger, a proxy account can be created for the parents or legal guardians. Visit your child’s doctor’s office to create a proxy account
- Due to California state confidentiality laws, patients between the ages of 12 - 17 have the choice to allow their parent or guardian to view their medical records. If the patient would like to grant access to the parent or guardian, the patient and the parent can visit the physician’s office to create a proxy account
- Patients between the ages of 12 - 17 who do not wish to grant access to their parent or guardian can visit their physician’s office to register
Is the portal secure?
Maintaining your privacy is our top priority and we have taken the necessary steps to ensure we meet your expectations as well as all federal and state privacy laws.
In order to allow people to simply sign into FollowMyHealth™ Universal Health Record without needing to create a new email address, we offer our FollowMyHealth (FMH) Secure Login.
You may also use existing accounts with Facebook, Google, Yahoo, and Microsoft Account (formerly known as "Windows Live ID") through Open Authentication, using a standard protocol to securely authorize users. We will not utilize any additional information from these third party organizations other than what is required to help you gain access to your FollowMyHealth record through their username and password for you. FollowMyHealth does not store your username and password for these particular authentication providers, and your credentials will continue to be maintained by them as well.
In compliance with federal patient privacy regulations, all transmitted data is encrypted during this process. The data storage is also encrypted for protection. Your login occurs over Secure Socket Layer (SSL, shown as HTTPS in your browser's address bar), which is an industry standard providing secure communication over the internet used by sites such as online marketplaces or financial institutions.
***If you would like to add an additional layer of security to your login, please visit this article. http://support.followmyhealth.com/customer/portal/articles/1136556-second-layer-of-security-for-logging-in
The first time that you create a FollowMyHealth record using one of the Open Authentication accounts (Facebook, Yahoo, Google, and Microsoft Account), you will be asked to share some basic information from your connecting account so that FollowMyHealth will be allowed to use them for authorization. Please be mindful that each provider has a different authentication confirmation request. For example, using your Microsoft Account to login will ask to grant access to view your profile info and contact list. While approval of this step is necessary, rest assured that the only information obtained from this request is your username. FollowMyHealth will NOT be utilizing the potential public information contained in your authenticating accounts such as pictures, contacts, friends, etc. and will NOT release and/or sell your identifiable information to other organizations or people. To be clear, the authentication provider with which you choose to use as your login, will NOT have access to your FollowMyHealth record or its information.
When I send a message, where does it go?
Similar to calling the clinic, messages are routed to the nurse or medical assistants who work closely with your physician. The nurse or medical assistant may respond directly or route the message to the physician. All messages sent to the clinic become part of your medical record.
Who do I contact if I need help?
The patient portal should NEVER be used to report a life-threatening or urgent medical condition.
- If you have an urgent medical condition, call your physician’s office, visit one of our urgent care locations or call 911
- For technical help using My PIH Health patient portal, call 562.967.2895 or email MyPIHHealth@PIHHealth.org
- If you believe there is an error in your medical record, call your physician’s office
How do I know if my computer and internet browser are compatible?
- Windows 7,Windows Vista; Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Apple Mac OS X 10.4.8 or above
- Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher; Firefox 2 or 3; Google Chrome 4; Safari 3 or 4
How do I download the iPhone/iPad or Android app?
The iPhone/iPad app is available at: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/followmyhealthmobile/id502147249?mt=8&ignmpt=uo%3D4
The Android app is available at: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.appburst.sjhpulse