PIH Health Announces Fiscal Year 2018-2019 Board of Directors
PIH Health Welcomes One New Board Member, Peter Greaney, M.D.
PIH Health, Inc. is pleased to announce its fiscal year (FY) 2018-2019 Board of Directors, which includes one new Board member, Peter Greaney, M.D. The Board officers are as follows: J. Richard Atwood will serve as Chair, Edward Dunlap as Vice Chair, Paula Cowan as Secretary, and Jeffrey Hamar as Treasurer. The Board of Directors includes physicians and business and community leaders who meet each month to help guide PIH Health.
“Our Board member’s leadership and individual skillsets enhance PIH Health’s efforts to provide high-quality care for patients in the communities we serve,” said James R. West, PIH Health president and chief executive officer.
New Board member Dr. Greaney brings unique talents and experience to the Board. He is Executive Chairman and Chief Medical Officer at WorkCare, Inc., the national occupational health services company he founded in Orange County, California, in 1984. Prior to his recent transition to the Executive Chair role, he served as the company’s President, Chief Executive Officer, and Medical Director/Chief Medical Officer. Dr. Greaney is widely recognized as a visionary thought leader who applies his clinical training and experience as a successful medical practitioner and business owner to transform the national healthcare landscape. He prides himself on analyzing global trends to deliver practical, integrated health management and system solutions on the front lines. Through his professional activities, Dr. Greaney aims to produce positive outcomes for employers, working populations, and communities. A native of Ireland, Dr. Greaney earned his medical degree at the University of Galway Medical School. He trained in occupational medicine at the University of California, Irvine. His accomplishments include:
- Board-certified in occupational medicine
- Licensed to practice medicine in nine states and Ireland
- Numerous Board positions in the medical community for the past 37 years
- Fellow, American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine (ACOEM)
Examples of his thought-leadership activities include:
- Testimony before the California State Senate on workers’ compensation
- Established first physician-owned practice licensed as a Health Care Organization
- Former member Medical Review Officer Certification Council
- Past President Western Occupational and Environmental Medicine Association
- Former speaker of the ACOEM House of Delegates
- Established industry standards for scope of medical surveillance, annual and exit exams
Dr. Greaney’s responsibilities at WorkCare include physician training and supervision, consulting medical director to leading companies, public speaking and strategic business development.
The fiscal year 2018-19 PIH Health Board is comprised of 12 Directors: Alex Alvarez; J. Richard Atwood; Sanjiv Arora; Paula Cowan; Blayne Cutler, M.D., Ph.D.; Jane Dicus; Edward Dunlap; Peter Greaney, M.D.; Jeffrey Hamar; Patrick Monroe; Charlotte Weaver RN, Ph.D.; and Kenton Woods.