We Are Here for You
Hospitals and Emergency Visits
You have been asked to put your life on hold to help stop the spread of COVID-19. We are here to make sure you are not putting your health on hold as well.
While elective and non-urgent surgeries and procedures were postponed to make room for the potential influx of COVID-19 patients, it also created the impression that the community should stay away from hospitals and doctors’ offices for fear of contracting the virus. Many people are delaying care until their condition has advanced to dangerous levels.
This short video will show you some of the safety measures that have been put into place at our urgent care centers, medical offices and hospitals.
Safety Measures at PIH Health
Measures Taken to Ensure Your Safety at all PIH Health Hospitals
- Everyone is screened (not tested) for COVID-19 and required to clean their hands and wear a simple mask before entering PIH Health facilities.
- Patients suspected of having COVID-19 are separated from all other patients and directed to a separate entrance and waiting area.
- Certain floors of our hospitals are designated for treatment of COVID-19 patients only and staffed by a dedicated care team.
- Emergency Department lobbies and medical office waiting rooms have been modified to allow social distancing.
- We follow the highest standards of infection prevention and sanitation practices.
- Although visiting hours and the number of visitors have been limited, patients may be accompanied by a loved one or caregiver. See the temporary visiting policy for each hospital.