Cancer Care Right in Your Community
Cancer Awareness Lecture Series
Join us for a three-part lecture series to help you stay informed. Please know, these may be in person at PIH Health Whittier Hospital or held virtually so it's important to RSVP to learn more. If in person, masks, social distancing and other rules may apply.
To RSVP, call 888.365.4450.
- Male Cancer Awareness: Prostate Cancer - Friday, September 24, 2021 at 3 pm with Jason Lai MD
- Breast Cancer Awareness - Wednesday, October 6, 2021 at 11 am with James Kuo MD
- Lung Cancer Awareness - Friday, November 5, 2021 at 2 pm with Daniel Saket MD
Cancer Survivorship Program Lecture
Join us virtually on Saturday, November 12, 2021 from 10 am to 12 noon for a cancer survivorship program lecture on Overcoming Fear of Recurrence. Together, we can overcome fear. To RSVP, call 562.789.5401 Ext. 12570.
Together, Strength and Hope
You’ll find comprehensive cancer prevention, detection and treatment at PIH Health. Our compassionate team of experts work together to provide excellent care and treatment for all types of cancer. The care team will provide you with access to comprehensive clinical and support services, technology and research at our hospitals, oncology offices and treatment centers within the PIH Health network. Personalized care is tailored to your specific needs.
To earn CoC accreditation, a cancer program must meet or exceed 34 CoC quality care standards, be evaluated every three years, and maintain levels of excellence in the delivery of comprehensive patient-centered care.
When cancer patients choose to seek care locally at a CoC accredited cancer facility, they are gaining access to comprehensive, state-of-the-art cancer care close to home.
Get top-quality care that exceeds the high standards of the Commission on Cancer (CoC) of the American College of Surgeons. CoC accredited facilities diagnose and/or treat more than 70 percent of all newly diagnosed cancer patients across the nation. When cancer patients choose to seek care locally at a CoC accredited cancer facility, they are gaining access to comprehensive, state-of-the-art cancer care close to home.
- Multidisciplinary tumor boards where teams of experts get together and discuss your diagnosis and make treatment recommendations based on evidence based national standards
- Information and education on a wide variety of topics related to your care
- Patient-centered services
- Options for genetic assessment and counseling, and palliative care services
- Care monitoring and quality improvement
- Clinical trials and new treatment options
- Patient tracking through the cancer data system
Be confident that our accreditation will mean that you’ll receive care that is nationally recognized and will exceed your expectations.
You will benefit from:
- Access to the latest technology, treatments and research
- Comprehensive care that is close to home, with a personal touch
- Working with cancer care experts who are dedicated to providing safe, high-quality care
- Personalized care that’s more advanced, because PIH Health can compare it with patient care from other organizations
- Health monitoring by cancer specialists
- Annual lifetime follow-up care after treatment, so you stay as healthy as possible
National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers Accreditation
PIH Health Breast Center Whittier received accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC), a program administered by the American College of Surgeons. This accreditation is only given to breast centers that provide the highest level of quality breast care and demonstrate a firm commitment to offering patients significant advantages in their battle against breast disease.
American College of Radiology Breast Imaging Center of Excellence
PIH Health Breast Health Center Whittier is one of only a few breast imaging facilities in the nation to receive the prestigious designation as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence (BICOE) from the American College of Radiology. This designation is awarded to facilities that achieve high practice standards in image quality, personnel qualifications, facility equipment, quality control procedures, and quality assurance programs. Learn more about Breast Health:
- All digital mammograms.
- 3D digital mammography (Tomosynthesis).
- MRI of the Breast.
- Breast Ultrasound.
- Ultrasound, Stereotactic and MRI guided breast biopsy.
American College of Radiology Radiation Oncology Accreditation
At PIH Health we want to give you the exceptional care you and your family deserve. At our Ruby L. Golleher radiation oncology department, we are accredited through the American College of Radiology which is the industry gold standard. This distinction ensures you are getting the best possible treatment using cutting edge technology and highly trained staff.
American College of Radiology Designated Lung Cancer Screening Center
If you are or have been a smoker, you may qualify for our low dose CT lung screening program. PIH Health is a designated lung screening center through the American College of Radiology which is the industry gold standard. This distinction ensures you are getting high quality imaging and highly trained physicians reviewing your images.
GO2 Foundation for Lung Cancer designated center of excellence
We partnered up with the nationally recognized GO2 Foundation to get the distinction of a designated center of excellence when it comes to screening for lung cancer. We offer multidisciplinary team based care, patient education and smoking cessation classes.
Comprehensive Care & Support
When you choose PIH Health for cancer care, you have access to: