Genetic Counseling & Testing
Learn your risk of developing cancer with genetic counseling and testing at PIH Health. If you are diagnosed with cancer, genetic testing may help tailor the best treatment option for you.
What to Expect
Meet with a cancer genetic counselor to:
- Discuss why you are interested in genetic counseling
- Review your family history
- Educate you on the role genetics have in causing cancer
- Talk to you about your risk of developing cancer
- Provide education about reducing your cancer risk
- Review your results and recommend which test is best for you
Insight to Your Cancer Risk
Benefit from genetic testing to find out if you have changes in your genes that make it more likely you’ll develop cancer. Your genetic test results can help you:
- Understand your family history of cancer
- Determine your or your family’s risk of cancer
- Create a plan to prevent cancer
- Make decisions about treatment options if needed
Is Genetic Testing for Me?
Talk with one of our knowledgeable genetic counselors if you:
- Have a family member who had cancer at an early age
- Have a family history of the same type of cancer
- Have had cancer and want to know additional risks for your or your family
Rest assured that no one will have access to your genetic information or results without your written consent. Learn more about your rights and security at PIH Health.
Your genetic specialists will review all of your genetic test results with you.