Cancer Support & Resources
Benefit from the compassionate staff and valuable cancer support programs and services at PIH Health to enhance your quality of life.
Cancer Support Services
You are not alone in the fight against cancer. Choose from a broad range of services that can help you feel better physically and emotionally. Receive support before, during and after cancer treatment from:
- Complementary and holistic medicine – Programs like yoga and meditation to help you deal with common side effects of cancer treatment, such as stress, anxiety, pain, nausea and fatigue
- Home health care – Cancer care and treatment that takes place in the comfort of your home
- Nutrition services – Nutrition counseling to make sure you get the nutrition you need. Maintaining your nutritional intake is important while going through cancer treatment. Download the Eating Well During Cancer Treatment brochure.
- Spiritual Care – Faith and hope are important to your well-being. We are here to take the journey with you.
- Palliative care – Reduces symptoms and improves your quality of life
- Social services – Social workers who connect you and your family with resources related to living and coping with cancer
- Rehabilitation – Assistance to meet your specific therapy needs to help you return to daily life after cancer treatment
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker – Our licensed social workers specialize in ensuring your psycho-social needs are being met
If you need help getting to your appointment, and live within 10 miles of the PIH Health Cancer Center in Whittier, ask your caregiver for information. Licensed, trained drivers can provide transportation in a wheelchair accessible van upon request.
Gain access to a wide range of clinical research trials, including treatments and therapies not yet widely available. Participation in clinical trials helps develop new approaches to prevent, detect and treat cancer.
Through our relationship with UCI Medical Center, PIH Health has membership in SWOG and we are able to offer National Cancer Institute (NCI) federally funded clinical trials for breast, lung, kidney, lymphoma and colon cancer. We are also affiliated with TRIO-US (Translational Research in Oncology) through UCLA to further provide clinical trials to our community cancer patients. Call 562.698.0811 Ext. 12930 for information on the trials we have available.
Mariposa Breast Cancer Boutique
The Oncology Resource Center is located within the PIH Health Whittier Hospital Infusion Center and is staffed by specially trained volunteers. You’ll find a wealth of support services and resources, including programs, educational materials, and our wig bank. Contact the Oncology Resource Center and Wig Bank office at 562.698.0811 Ext. 12820.
Fertility Preservation & Family Building
Cancer and its treatment can sometimes affect a person’s ability to have children. The high cost of reproductive services can be a barrier for some cancer patients and survivors who need to undergo fertility preservation or treatment can reach out to us. The PIH Health cancer care team is available to help. Call 562.698.0811 Ext. 12570 or see the flyer for more information.
Survivorship & Follow-Up Care
Take part in our survivorship and follow-up care services. You’ll receive a comprehensive care summary and a follow-up plan to help you return to a normal lifestyle.
Community & National Resources
Turn to our compassionate hospice services if you or a loved one is in the last stage of life.