Survivorship & Follow-Up Care
We are with you every step of the way. Count on us to offer comprehensive follow-up care after your cancer treatment ends. Together we will take the journey to recovery and beyond.
Work with your cancer care team to create a long-term follow-up care plan to keep you as healthy as possible. After treatment ends, your medical oncologist will schedule a follow-up visit within two to four weeks.
At your initial visit, your doctor can:
- Address your questions and concerns
- Help you manage any side effects
- Provide cancer prevention education
- Recommend screening tests to catch cancer quickly if it returns
Future follow-up visits will be scheduled every three to six months to monitor your health. If an additional PIH Health cancer physician provides follow-up care, we can adjust your follow-up schedule to allow for those appointments.
It is important that you go to your follow-up appointments. Radiation treatment and other treatment side effects can be subtle and linger months or even years after treatment.
Cancer Support Groups & Programs
Connect with others who share a similar journey at cancer support groups and programs, including:
- Breast Cancer Support Group
- Journey through Cancer Support Group
- Living with Loss Support Group
- Look Good…Feel Better program