Find progressive, comprehensive care for your digestive tract at in LA County at PIH Health. Rely on our skilled team, effective diagnostic tests, and advanced treatment options to help you feel better and prevent future health problems.
What’s a Gastroenterologist?
Gastroenterologists are doctors with advanced training in the digestive tract. Your digestive tract includes your:
- Colon (large intestine)
- Small intestine
Gastroenterology Conditions We Treat
Look to the digestive health experts at PIH Health for care of a wide range of gastrointestinal conditions, including:
Experts in Pancreatic & Biliary Diseases
Get advanced care for your pancreas and bile ducts through the Pancreatico-Biliary Program at Good Samaritan Hospital. You’ll benefit from the knowledge and experience of national and internationally renowned physicians. This program is one of seven Centers of Excellence at PIH Health.
Sensitive, Coordinated Gastroenterology Care
Expect your digestive health team to prioritize your comfort and privacy. Know you’re getting coordinated, high-quality care because we communicate with your primary care provider and other experts.
Count on your doctor to pinpoint the cause your digestive symptoms—so you can create a care plan that’s right for you. Access advanced diagnostic tests, including:
- Bravo™ reflux testing – Measures acid reflux by placing a a small capsule on the wall of your esophagus for several days
- Capsule endoscopy – Examines the small intestine using a pill-sized camera that you swallow
- Colonoscopy – Examines your large intestine for signs of colon cancer
- Endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography (ERCP) – Examines your liver, gallbladder, bile ducts and pancreas
- Endoscopic ultrasound – Creates detailed pictures of your gastrointestinal tract
- Esophageal manometry – Checks how well the muscles in your esophagus are working
- Upper endoscopy – Uses a thin flexible tube with a small video camera on the end to look at your esophagus, stomach and small intestine
After your tests are done, your doctor will discuss your results with you and explain your treatment options.
Digestive Health Treatments
Work with your care team to create a treatment plan that fits your needs. Depending on your needs, it may include:
- Dietary recommendations and nutrition support
- Endoscopic procedures – Treat your digestive symptoms using a thin, flexible tube that’s passed through natural body openings
- Esophageal dilation – Stretches the wall of your esophagus
- Gastrointestinal stenting – Treats blockages in your digestive tract
- Percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy – Places a flexible feeding tube through the abdominal wall into the stomach
- Polypectomy – Removes polyps (abnormal growths) from your colon
- Variceal banding – Stops bleeding caused by enlarged veins in your digestive tract