The cardiologists at PIH Health specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the heart and blood vessels – the Cardiovascular System. Your PIH Health cardiologist will talk to you about your risk factors for heart disease and help you understand what steps you can take for better heart health.
When to See a Cardiologist
Talk to your doctor if you notice symptoms such as:
- Chest pain
- Fainting or dizziness
- Feeling like your heart is skipping beats or is beating too hard
- High blood pressure
- Shortness of breath
- Swollen feet, ankles and legs
Conditions We Treat
- AFIB & Arrhythmia – Fast, irregular heartbeats in the upper chambers of your heart
- Angina – Chest pain
- Atherosclerosis – Narrowing arteries due to a buildup of plaque
- Blood clot
- Coronary artery disease
- Congenital heart disease
- Coronary artery blockage
- Heart attack
- Structural Heart Disease – Heart structure problems, such as heart valve diseases
An interventional cardiology specialist may carry out procedures such as angioplasties, stenting, valvuloplasties, congenital heart defect corrections, and coronary thrombectomies.
Your team works together to give you the best possible care. Depend on your PIH Health cardiology team to share important information about your health with other members of your care team, including your primary care provider.