Find exceptional pediatric care at PIH Health. You’ll benefit from the easy-to-access expert care to help your child stay physically and mentally healthy throughout their childhood.
Partner with our board-certified pediatricians who are doctors specialized in the care of newborns from birth to adolescents up to age 21 years old. Our pediatricians are dedicated to not only keeping your loved ones healthy, but also committed to helping families with their parenting needs. Benefit from their knowledge and experience to optimize your child’s health, growth, and development.
When to See a Pediatrician
Turn to us for every aspect of your child’s health and well-being. Rely on us for:
- Health maintenance well child care
- Physical exams for school, sports and camp
- Diagnosis and treatment of illnesses and injuries
- Assessment of behavioral, mental health issues, developmental disorders, ADD/ADHD and learning disorders
- Assessment and treatment of chronic disease such as asthma and the management of congenital disorders
Well-Baby & Well-Child Care Visits
Depend on your pediatrician to monitor your child’s health at routine checkups. During these regular visits, your pediatrician may:
- Discuss your concerns and answer your healthcare questions
- Assess and deliver education on nutrition, growth and development
- Hearing and vision screenings
- Discuss the risk and benefits of immunizations
- Order appropriate lab work to monitor your child’s health
- Measure and weigh your child, and do a complete physical exam
- Provide anticipatory parental advice, preventative healthcare guidance, safety information, vaccinations and healthcare screenings
Pediatric Specialty Care
If your child needs specialty care, you can count on us. PIH Health and Children’s Hospital of Orange County (CHOC) have affiliated to provide advanced pediatric clinical care for children in the surrounding communities of Los Angeles and Orange Counties. CHOC pediatric specialty outreach clinics have opened at our PIH Health Whittwood Medical Office Building. Currently, pediatric cardiology, endocrinology, gastroenterology, neurology, and pulmonology services are available with other specialties to be added in the future as needed.
We offer same day and health maintenance well care appointments to meet your healthcare needs in all of our pediatric offices. If your child happens to need immediate care and our pediatric offices are not available, visit one of PIH Health Urgent Care Centers (UCC). A UCC pediatrician affiliated with CHOC helps staff our Whittier Urgent Care location most days of the week.