Partner with a midwife at PIH Health to help you have a healthy pregnancy and childbirth.
What's a Midwife?
Midwives are healthcare professionals with experience and training to care for women with low-risk pregnancies. Midwives have the training to provide care before conception, during pregnancy and childbirth, and after the birth of your baby.
Benefits of a Midwife
Build a relationship with a healthcare professional who focuses on the overall health of you and your baby. You’ll appreciate the holistic approach of our midwives, and that they take time getting to know you and your preferences.
Rely on your midwife to:
- Answer your questions and address your concerns
- Give routine prenatal exams to monitor you and your baby’s health
- Provide education on nutrition and pregnancy health to keep you and your baby healthy
- Help you develop a personalized birth plan
- Support your choices and preferences
- Provide a variety of options to ease labor pain, including nonmedicated and medicated choices
- Continue providing care after your baby is born
If you develop a complication that requires additional medical attention, trust your midwife to coordinate your care with a maternal-fetal medicine doctor (MFM). Your maternity team will work together to give you care that meets your needs and preferences while keeping you and your baby safe.