Count on the specialists at PIH Health to diagnose and care for problems that affect your arm, hand, forearm, elbow and wrist.
Certified Hand Therapists
A hand therapist is an occupational therapist or physical therapist certified to treat conditions affecting the hands and upper extremity to help you improve mobility and lessen pain.
When To See A Hand Therapist
Work with our certified hand therapists to get specialized care for:
Hand Therapy Services
At your first visit, your therapist will ask about your symptoms. Your team may recommend certain tests to evaluate and diagnose your condition. Depending on your goals, your plan may include:
- Desensitization to decrease skin sensitivities
- Electrical stimulation to improve muscle strength and function
- Heat and cold therapy to treat pain and swelling
- Joint mobilization to increase range of motion
- Orthotics, such as braces and splints
- Swelling management