Turn to the older adult health specialists at PIH Health to help you or your loved one adjust to changes brought on by aging.
What’s Senior Health?
Senior health is about helping people 60 and older improve and maintain their independence and quality of life.
Would I Benefit from Senior Health Services?
Senior health is not just for people who are currently ill or have a complicated medical history. Benefit from seeing a senior health expert when you’re healthy to prolong your independence.
Experts on Aging
Benefit from the experience and knowledge of:
- Case managers – Help coordinate care
- Geriatrician – Specializes in caring for older adults
- Home health team – Provides care in the comfort of your home
- Nurse practitioner (NP) – Assesses your physical health and coordinates your care
- Palliative care team – Supports your goals for care and communicates them to the medical professionals you work with
- Physical therapist – Helps you improve strength, coordination, and ability to move
- Social workers - Connect you with community resources to improve quality of life
Your First Appointment
At your first visit, you’ll receive an assessment to:
- Address concerns you have and the reason for your visit
- Determine your overall health with a physical exam
- Review medical history, test results and medications
- Test to evaluate thinking, functioning and emotional abilities
What to Bring
Come prepared for your appointment when you bring:
- A caregiver or family member
- Examples of memory changes
- Medications list
- Questions you want to discuss
- Recent medical history
- Safety concerns
Personalized Care Plan
After your assessment, you and your care team will review your results, and then discuss your overall health and treatment options.
Rely on your care team to:
- Discuss housing options that fit your needs and preferences
- Help you take medications safely and review for potential side effects
- Prevent falls
- Maintain or gain strength and mobility
- Discuss concerns related to aging with you and your family
- Prevent, treat and manage one or more health conditions
- Support and educate you and your caregivers about healthy aging
- Provide second medical opinions
- Refer you to other medical professionals, if needed
Advance Care Planning
Ask our team to help you make decisions about the healthcare you would want to receive before you need it with advance care planning.
Get the care you need in a setting that’s right for you. Depending on the reason or frequency of your visits, you may have appointments in an office setting. You may also use telemedicine to talk with the senior health team from the comfort of your home.
Access your care team with a virtual visit, a real-time video chat. This secure and safe technology is easy to use from the comfort of your home. All you need is a mobile phone or computer. Rely on your care team to provide you with instructions for your virtual visit before your appointment. Have a caregiver or family member available during your appointment to help you log in to your session.
Cost of Care
Ask our team to help you understand your insurance plan so you can get the most out of your coverage.