Stay active with injury care and prevention from sports medicine specialists at PIH Health. Depend on us to help you stay at the top of your game or return to play as quickly and safely as possible.
Sports Medicine Team
Enjoy coordinated care from specialists who work together to give you the best possible results. Depending on your care plan, you may work with:
Sports Injuries We Treat
When you’re injured due to playing a sport or exercising, get expert care at PIH Health. Find care for all types of sports injuries, including:
Get on the road to healing as soon as possible. Take advantage of same-day appointments at all our sports medicine locations.
Personalized Care Plans
Work with your doctor to create a treatment and recovery plan that’s right for you. Depending on your needs, your care plan may include:
Sports Injury Prevention
Whether you’re an athlete, parent or coach, look to PIH Health for education and training programs to help prevent sports injuries.
To reduce your risk of injury, follow these guidelines from our physical therapists:
- Warm up before exercising. Take a brisk walk and do some active stretches
- Cross-train by doing activities that use different muscles. You might ride a bicycle one day, swim the next and run the following day.
- Vary your activity level and intensity.
- Wear good-quality, supportive shoes that are right for your activity, especially if you run
- Get fitted for proper equipment.
- Take some lessons from experts for specialized sports like golf or tennis.
If you’re a weekend warrior who can’t work out regularly during the week, find ways to fit activity into your daily life. For example:
- Take a walk around a mall
- When running errands, park your car far enough away to give you a good walk to your destination
- Play Frisbee in the park with friends or your kids or grandkids
- Walk the family dog; it will benefit both of you