Improve your quality of life after a stroke with the help of the compassionate care team at PIH Health.
Expert Stroke Care
You’ll have access to a wide range of treatment options. Our team of experts work together to provide you with the best possible outcome—from the time you arrive through follow-up care, including rehabilitation to regain skills and abilities.
What’s a Stroke?
A stroke is a medical emergency that requires immediate attention. There are two primary kinds of stroke:
- Ischemic stroke – Clot that blocks blood flow to the brain
- Hemorrhagic stroke – Blood vessel rupture that prevents blood flow to the brain
Signs of a Stroke
Every minute counts if someone is having a stroke. A stroke can affect:
- Ability to move parts of the body
- Ability to think
Am I at Risk of a Stroke?
You may have a higher chance of having a stroke if you:
- Are African American
- Are over 55
- Are overweight
- Have a family history of strokes
- Have health conditions such as diabetes, high cholesterol or high blood pressure
Stroke Recovery & Rehabilitation
A stroke can damage the brain, making it difficult to complete everyday activities. People who survive a stroke may suffer some physical or mental disabilities afterward. Recovery care and rehabilitation after a stroke can help with:
- Behavioral changes
- Memory issues
- Problems with coordination or movement
- Speaking issues