PIH Health Family Medicine Residency Program - Whittier
First Year Residents
Second Year Residents
Third Year Residents
The PIH Health Family Medicine Residency Program is affiliated with the UC Irvine School of Medicine. It is an unopposed program that serves the communities of Los Angeles & Orange counties as well as the San Gabriel Valley. Our mission is to provide our residents with a rich, broad-based, and multidisciplinary graduate medical education that is built on a culturally competent foundation. Our residents provide medical care to underserved socio-economic populations and multi-cultural communities where they establish their roles as community health providers. By presenting our residents with these targeted and fundamental learning experiences throughout their training, we aim to guide and inspire them to continue to provide the same type of outreach and medical services in similar communities upon graduation.
Our program offers an exemplary model of working as a member of a collaborative healthcare team that includes hospital and ambulatory specialists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, social workers, behavioral scientists, and community partners. Our residents work directly with attending physicians in numerous specialties, allowing for exceptional and personalized training opportunities. We also offer a variety of benefits.
What Makes Our Program Unique
Take a tour of the Whittier campus and Labor & Delivery
• Palliative Care/Chronic Disease Management Track
• Tropical Medicine Track
• Unopposed program in a 548-bed hospital
• Continuity outpatient care at our on-site Family Practice Center
• Rotations in Home Care, Geriatric Care and Palliative Care
• LAC+USC Medical Center pediatric rotations in PGY-1 year
• Extensive opportunities for community engagement including First Day Homeless Clinic and teaching obesity awareness at local schools
• Sports medicine support for local high school teams
• Opportunity to work with medical students on clerkships
• Beautiful location near Southern California beaches and Los Angeles
How to Apply
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS®) up to December 31st. Three Letters of Recommendation are required, with at least one from a Family Medicine physician. Learn more about the PIH Health Family Medicine Residency Program application process.