How to Apply
Thank you for considering the PIH Health-Whittier Family Medicine Residency Program. All applications to our program must be submitted through the ERAS® system (written applications will not be accepted). If you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by electronic message via ERAS®.
Requirements for All Applicants:
Eligibility for a training license in California (more information here: https://www.mbc.ca.gov/Applicants/PTL/)
- MyERAS Common Application
- Three letters of recommendation from completed clerkship rotations, one of which must come from a Family Medicine physician. At least two of the letters should be from physicians practicing in the U.S., and at least one must come from the faculty of an ACGME-accredited program. The information contained in the letters should include an overview of your maturity, personality, clinical competence, responsibility, and commitment to family medicine.
- MSPE (Dean's Letter)
- Medical School Transcript
- USLME or COMLEX Transcripts
- Personal Statement (which should include your reasons for choosing Family Medicine, as well as your personal and professional goals)
- Curriculum Vitae
Additional Requirements for International Medical Graduates
- ECFMG Certification Status Report
Please note that the program does not sponsor J-1 or H-1B Visas.
Review of applications will commence on October 21, with interviews beginning in the first week of November. The application deadline is December 31st, but applicants are encouraged to apply early since the interview spots tend to fill up quickly.
For more information about the PIH Family Practice Residency Program application and interview process, call 562.698.0811 Ext. 18516.