Nursing Awards & Recognition
Flo Scott Rose Award Excellence in Nursing Leadership
The Flo Scott Rose Award is awarded each year to the nurse leader that reflects the following characteristics:
- Excellence in clinical practice
- A creative and non-compromising approach to nursing leadership that contributes to quality patient care
- An inspiring mentor and role model to other nurses
- Enhances the image of nursing
- Demonstrates intellectual curiosity and perseverance
Frank Scott Art of Caring Award
In honor of Frank’s lifelong commitment to caring, the friends of Frank Scott proudly honor this great man by supporting a cause dear to Frank’s heart—the Nursing Education Program at PIH Health.
The Frank Scott Art of Caring Award for Nursing is presented annually to one nurse who best demonstrates the art of nursing by applying the science of nursing within the context of nursing practices characterized by the following:
- Consistently makes decisions with patients’ needs as the top priority
- Demonstrates courageous, intentional actions on behalf of patients
- Partners with colleagues to achieve patient centered goals
- Is never too busy to take time to listen to patients and families
- Is a role model demonstrating how to treat patients and families with respect and dignity
- Reflects a high level competence
- Willingly teaches other colleagues and shares knowledge freely
- Must not have any disciplinary actions for the previous 24 months
- Must be nominated by a PIH Health employee, physician or patient
The DAISY Award
The DAISY Award honors nurses for extraordinary compassionate care. Nurses are nominated by anyone in the organization - patients, family members, other nurses, physicians, other clinicians and staff.
Learn more about the DAISY Award and nominate a special nurse today.