Registered Nurse Professional Enrichment Program (PEP)
The Registered Nurse Professional Enrichment Program is designed to promote staff empowerment and autonomy. The program was established to:
- Enhance professional growth and development
- Reward achievement and hard work
- Contribute to the recruitment and retention of qualified staff
- Align with nursing strategic plan initiatives
Benefits include enhancing patient care, improving nursing professional identity, motivating individual growth and achievement, increasing job satisfaction, and recognizing clinical expertise.
- Provide rewards and recognition to registered nurses who remain in direct patient care and achieve advanced clinical skills and knowledge.
- Foster registered nurse participation in teaching and mentoring students and other staff.
- Support and recognize registered nurses who achieve clinical expertise necessary to meet the changing needs of the nursing practice and profession.
- Provide a consistent method that defines advanced clinical nursing practice and thereby enhances job satisfaction for registered nurses practicing in the clinical setting.
- Encourage and recognize registered nurse participation in community activities that promote health education and/or health maintenance.
- Support registered nurse participation in activities such as councils and committees that enhance the goals of the nursing department or the profession of nursing and the organization.
- Facilitate career enhancement and professional growth.
Patricia and John Scheifly Scholarship
PIH Health promotes excellence in nursing. If you are a graduating or continuing nursing student who encompasses our nursing vision, you may be eligible for our PIH Health Nursing Scholarship.
Pathway to Certification
PIH Health provides several course offerings to support nurses interested in obtaining professional certifications. Specialties include, but are not limited to oncology, stroke and medical-surgical nursing.