During This Year’s Open Enrollment Remember PIH Health
Many of you who are still working receive health insurance through your employer. And most employers groups have their annual open enrollment during the fall and early winter seasons with a January 1 effective date. This is a great opportunity to change your elective healthcare benefits. Be sure to choose carefully since your selection will determine the quality of care you will receive for the upcoming year.
There are many health plan options but you can choose from two different plans; a Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) and a Preferred Provider Organization (PPO).
- HMO – This plan tends to offer lower monthly premiums with a limited network of doctors and hospitals. You must choose a primary care physician (PCP) who will coordinate all your care. If you require specialists as a part of your healthcare, you must be referred by your PCP.
- PPO – This plan gives you access to a larger provider network and the option to go out of network by paying higher copays. Monthly premiums and out-of-pocket costs tend to be higher and you will be responsible for managing and coordinating your own healthcare needs.
Remember, not all health plans and providers are alike. Doctors and hospitals all have varying degrees of experience and expertise, and certain health plans may not offer the benefits you need, so it’s important to take the time to do your research thoroughly.
When you choose a doctor and medical group, you are also choosing the hospital where you will potentially be admitted. Is your current primary care physician affiliated with PIH Health? If not, we encourage you to give us a call to verify. [We have had some name changes over the last few years. You may notice that PIH Health Physicians may still be listed as Bright Health Physicians, PIH Health Hospitals may still be listed as Presbyterian Intercommunity Hospital or Downey Regional Medical Center (former name of PIH Hospital - Downey).
Why Choose PIH Health?
- Outstanding care – The PIH Health network includes board-certified doctors, advanced practice providers (APP), such as nurse practitioners and physician’s assistants, plus a comprehensive support staff with extensive training and continuing education.
- Advanced equipment – We continue to invest in the latest instruments to help provide improved diagnostic results and medical outcomes.
- Wide range of services – PIH Health features two full-service hospitals, home healthcare services and hospice as well as heart, cancer, stroke, women’s health, urgent care and emergency services.
- Convenience - The PIH Health network consists of numerous medical offices throughout the community and physicians in nearly every medical specialty.
- History of medical excellence – PIH Health has been consistently recognized as one of the nation’s top hospital networks for quality, cutting-edge advancements and technology.
For a list of accepted insurance plans, click here or call our patients services at 888.365.4450.