Ways to Support PIH Health
PIH Health Foundation is a separate 501c(3) nonprofit organization with the sole mission to raise funds in support of PIH Health and all of its entities. Contributions to PIH Health Foundation are frequently made on an unrestricted basis, allowing PIH Health to allocate where funds are needed. Gifts may be restricted to a PIH Health service line or program at the donor's discretion.
Your gift can make a real and lasting difference in the health of your family, friends and neighbors. We invite you to learn more about the various ways you can support PIH Health.
- Cash gifts are the simplest and easiest gifts you can make - can be made online or through outright cash, personal checks, credit cards, cashier’s checks or money orders made payable to PIH Health Foundation.
- Bequests: You may be looking for a way to make a significant gift to help further our mission. A bequest is a gift made through your will or trust. It is one of the most popular and flexible ways that you can support our cause.
- Legacy gifts or planned giving strategies that allow you to support PIH Health while protecting your estate and gaining tax advantages. To learn more about leaving a legacy gift to support PIH Health, please visit our planned giving website.
- Memorial gifts are made in remembrance of a loved one. Celebrate their life by supporting the mission of PIH Health.
- Support a PIH Health Foundation special event. PIH Health Foundation sponsors two major fundraising events each year – our Gala and our Frank Scott Pro/Am Golf Tournament. You can support these events through sponsorships, purchasing event tickets, or donating items for silent or live auctions.
- Become a PIH Health champion. By organizing an event or initiative to benefit PIH Health you become a PIH Health champion. By sharing your commitment with your family, friends, coworkers and neighbors you help ensure great healthcare for our communities. You can utilize our free online tool to create your own fundraising page. You can then invite others to participate.
- Gifts of appreciated securities, stocks and bonds also provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to PIH Health Foundation before they are sold. If you have held your securities for more than one year, you may find that your gift will provide a two-fold tax benefit, creating an income-tax deduction as well as helping avoid the capital-gains tax that would have been due on their sale.
- Matching gifts provide an opportunity to double your gift. Please consult your employer’s Human Resources department for more information as organization policies vary.
- Gifts of real estate - including personal residences, second homes, income property and vacant land - offer a wide variety of tax and other benefits. Whereas most people give their entire interest away, it is also possible to give only a portion of the property (an undivided percentage interest) while retaining the rest for other purposes.
- Gifts of personal property - including rare books, works of art, valuable collectibles and tangible items of demonstrable value - in some cases may enable you to make a significant gift with outstanding tax benefits to you. Likewise, gifts of intangible personal property, such as copyrights, patents and mineral rights, can generate income for the program of your choice on a continuing basis.
For more information on ways you can support PIH Health, call today.
PIH Health Foundation
12401 Washington Blvd.,
Whittier, CA 90602
562.698.0811 Ext. 81520