The Benefits of Getting your MRI or CT at a Hospital-based Facility
Where you get your MRI or CT scan can make a difference in your care. MRI stands for magnetic resonance imaging. It is a safe and painless test that uses magnetic field and radio waves to take detailed pictures of the body’s organs, soft tissues, bone and other internal structures. A CT or CAT scan is computed axial tomography which uses x-ray to produce three dimensional images. CT is a great way to accurately detect a variety of diseases and conditions inside the body. It’s fast and painless but patients will be exposed to low-dose radiation.
There are significant advantages to having these scans performed at hospital-based facilities. At PIH Health’s Imaging and Radiology Services:
- All images taken at our facility are easily accessible to referring doctors. Radiologists are on site 24/7, which allows:
- Accurate and rapid diagnosis of health conditions.
- Discussion between referring doctor and an on-site radiologist at any time.
- Appointment times are available 7 days a week, from 5:40 am to 10:20 pm on weekdays and from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm on weekends, allowing for convenient appointments around your busy schedule.
- Nursing services are available on-site for immediate care of any unexpected reactions to contrast or other medical issues.
- PIH Health Imaging and Radiology Services is accredited by the American College of Radiology, the gold standard for imaging services.
According to Stacy Johnson administrative director, radiology services at PIH Health, PIH Health Whittier Hospital features the latest MRI and CT technology producing high-quality images.
To schedule an appointment, please call 562.906.5572.