Baked Zucchini Sticks
A Diabetic Friendly Recipe
Instead of grabbing a bag of chips, snack on these tasty baked zucchini sticks. Panko bread crumbs give them a nice crunch without frying.
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano or 2 tsp chopped fresh
- 1 tsp dried thyme or 2 tsp chopped fresh
- 1 tsp dried basil or 2 tsp chopped fresh
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 3 medium zucchini
- Low-fat Ranch dressing for dipping (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or lightly coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs. In another bowl, mix bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, thyme, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then slice into 4" x 1/2"-inch sticks.
- Dip the zucchini sticks into the egg and then into the bread crumb mixture. Arrange in a single layer on the baking sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, or until softened. Place under broiler for 5 minutes, or until slightly browned. Serve with Ranch dressing, if desired.
Serving size: about 5 sticks
Per Serving: Calories: 65; Fat: 2g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 34mg; Sodium: 143mg; Carbohydrates: 7g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 4g
Living with diabetes is manageable. Get information about Diabetes Education & Care at PIH Health.
Copyright 2018 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc.