Corned Beef & Cabbage Recipe
Delicious Recipe Alert!
In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, enjoy this home-cooked meal of Corned Beef & Cabbage.
What you need:
- Package of corned beef
- One head of green cabbage
- One pound bag (16 oz) of baby carrots
- Bag of baby red potatoes
- Large pot with lid
- Place corned beef including all the spices & juices from the bag in a large pot; add water until meat is covered
- Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil simmering 20 minutes per pound of meat. Watch carefully so the water doesn’t boil over
- Once the meat is cooked, remove from pot, set aside and cover with foil
- Add carrots into the same pot of boiling water and simmer 20 minutes
- Add potatoes (as much as you like) and simmer 20 more minutes or until both carrots and potatoes are tender. (Suggestion: cut the potatoes in half if they are too large)
- Remove the potatoes and carrots and place in serving bowl and cover with foil to keep warm
- Add chopped (or sliced) cabbage and meat back into the pot, and cook 15 additional minutes
- Serve warm with your favorite bread and enjoy
The amount of potatoes, carrots and cabbage added may vary and depends on how large your pot is or how many people you’re serving.