Give the Gift of Health
Every year, most of us stress out about what gifts we should buy for our family and friends. This can oftentimes take the enjoyment out of the holiday and the added stress can lead to other, more serious health conditions. Let’s all focus on our well-being this holiday season and give the gift of health. Here’s how:
- Fitness. Although many fitness centers are closed down at this time, there are many online video classes and trainers available to help your family reach their fitness goals. You can purchase a fitness subscription app for them as a gift or research and share free videos.
- Meal Kits. What’s a better gift than getting healthy meals delivered straight to your door? Meal kits are a great gift for large families, those living on their own or with a significant other. Every meal is pre-measured and customizable to fit each buyer’s needs.
- Books. Sometimes the best gift is the gift of knowledge. With so many genres of books available, there is one out there for everyone. Talk to your family and listen for key topics they say they’re interested in or want to learn more about and get them a book on that. Hard copy books can be ordered online and delivered directly to the recipient or you can consider an audio book.
- Gadgets. Technology has made our lives easier in many ways. Not only is it convenient and portable, but it can also create habits. The gift of a fitness gadget, such as a fitness or hydration tracker, can motivate your family to get moving, and through consistency, it may help them to get into a routine of working out. You can be the cause that inspires a lifetime of fitness for your loved ones.
- Information. “Share the importance of health with your family, which includes staying up-to-date with annual wellness visits and scheduling necessary screenings,” says Dionisio Dabu MD, PIH Health Family Medicine physician. You can also share beneficial resources like Healthy Living Online or PIH Health’s Instagram page. Knowledge is power and this is something money can’t buy.
Whatever you decide to gift your friends and family this year, make sure it comes from the heart. Reminding your family about how important they are to you can be all it takes to encourage them to get healthy.