Sweet Potato Skins and Guacamole
Treat yourself with this sweet potato skins and guacamole recipe! This healthier alternative to your everyday nachos and can be whipped up quickly.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the potato skins:
- 3-5 small sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1-2 medium ripe avocados
- 2 limes or 1 tablespoon organic lime juice
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ cup of chopped tomato
- 2 tablespoons of finely chopped red onion
- Chopped cilantro for extra flavor and garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit
- Wrap sweet potatoes in foil and place on baking sheet. Roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until potatoes and tender. Once done, remove carefully, let cool for 10-15 minutes before unwrapping, and allow cooling for 5 more minutes.
- Line second baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the centers, leave about ¼-inch border (save and set aside the scooped out centers).
- Place the cut sweet potatoes onto the baking sheet, skin-side up. Brush on extra virgin olive oil; sprinkle with salt and place potatoes back into over for 20-30 minutes or until crisp.
- Once done, remove from oven, allow to cool slightly and turn over skin-side down.
- While potatoes are getting toasted, you can make the guacamole. Start by mashing your avocados into a medium bowl. Grab a fork and smash the avocados while mixing in lime juice, garlic and salt.
Once potato skins are ready, remove and cool, add guacamole, tomato, onion and cilantro and enjoy!