White Bean and Kale Soup Recipe
White beans and kale are nutritious powerhouses, packed with protein and fiber. This hearty soup can be made in 30 minutes.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 qt low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 bunch kale, thick stems discarded and leaves sliced
- 2 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, carrot and celery and cook until tender, about eight minutes. Stir in the white beans, vegetable broth, two cups water, tomatoes, oregano and salt and bring to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, about 10 minutes. Stir in the kale and simmer five minutes longer. Sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese before serving.
Saturated Fat: 0g
Copyright 2019-2020 © Baldwin Publishing, Inc. All rights reserved. Health eCooking® is a registered trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Cook eKitchen™ is a designated trademark of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. Any duplication or distribution of the information contained herein without the express approval of Baldwin Publishing, Inc. is strictly prohibited.